Campers of All Ages Enjoy CampsAs you begin to plan for the summer, I know that many folks are probably trying to put together the funding you will need to make a child's summer experience a reality. We are happy that our community and the Jewish world can help support the choice to send our community's kids to Jewish summer camp.
- If your child is a new camper to Camp Newman, they may be eligible for up to $1,500 off camp this summer. To find out if your child is eligible, go to www.onehappycamper.org.
- Our Sisterhood, Women of B'nai Israel, offers funding through the Price Campership Fund. Your child may be eligible if they did not receive assistance from this fund last year. Click here for the Price Campership Award Application. (2016)
- The William Henry Zimmerman URJ Campership Fund also provides funding for URJ (for example, Camp Newman) campers who are able to commit to a mitzvah project that serves the community. The application is available here: click here for the William Henry Zimmerman URJ Camp Scholarship Endowment Fund Application. (2015)
- Camp Shelanu campers can apply to our Camp Scholarship Fund using this application - click here for the Camp Shelanu Scholarship Fund Application. (2016)
- Madrichim who work in our religious school are eligible to use their accrued hours toward assistance for attending camp, NFTY events, or their Confirmation trip. These hours may also be accrued year-to-year and saved for the future.
I hope that this information helps you plan for a wonderful summer of fun and learning. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Denise Crevin, Education Administrator
(916) 446-4861, x16